Wednesday 29 August 2012

SharePoint - REST : Feed Format not supported

With REST services looking like they are going to be playing a bigger part of the next version of SharePoint I felt it was time long over due for me to take a look.

I started with a basic query to return an item from a list based on its ID:

  • http://sharepoint/_vti_bin/listdata.svc/MyCustomList(1)

However,  when entered into IE I was presented with the following message:

Internet Explorer cannot display this feed

Internet Explorer does not support this feed format

Quite a simple fix:

Within IE click Tools –> Internet Options –> Content

Within the the Content Tab click on Settings button within the Feeds and Web Slices section:

FeedWebSlices

Within the Feed and Web Slice Settings window uncheck the “Turn on feed reading view” then Click OK.

TurnOnFeed

Now when I execute the query I get my results:

Results

First hurdle overcome lots more to learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment